Friday 24 February 2012

We Stand There...(monologue)

We stand there, hopeless. In a time of great need. We wait for things to come to us, to make our own. We want to belong, to go to great lengths to be accepted. Rigid, as the rush of life streams past you, you turn round and it’s too late, a speck…a tiny speck in the distance. You call after it, nothing but the echo of your own voice. You are alone, alone with your thoughts; a dangerous road where you realise, life is not an obstacle, but a journey. You’ve been told this before, but you find logic in it. Life is a train journey, you have to take it, you can’t miss the train otherwise you fall behind. You wait forever for your stop and you’ll never know if it’s what you’re looking for, if you don’t take that train. But who is to say there is no life beyond the living, the before and after of the now is always present. Our journeys change everyday; everyday we take a new path, make mistakes and get everything horribly wrong. Is it regret or is it nostalgia. Do you wish you did it differently? Do we get another chance? These are questions we all have and these questions will probably never be answered. Every life is unfulfilled in some shape or form, so we have to choose a path. We have to have a goal…a dream. I have a dream, of course I do. If I didn’t, what am I doing here? I think about it every day, and everyday I’m worried I will never make it, that I am on the verge of failing, that I have chosen the wrong path…gotten off the wrong stop. There is no wrong stop. It’s either yours or it isn’t. You make it yours when the time comes…is it regret or is nostalgia. 25/02/12 - 03:09am

No comments:

Post a Comment